Thieves Attempt To Steal Copper Wire From Substation In Inchicore
The incident caused a fire to a transformer at the 220kV substation and over 120,000 ESB customers were left without power which has now been restored.
In a statement ESB said: "Following an initial investigation by ESB Networks it has become apparent that this incident was caused by third party interference, where thieves were attempting to steal copper wire from the site. The overall cost to ESB of this incident is estimated at up to €10million.
"ESB Networks would again like to remind the public and perpetrators of this criminal activity of the dangers of interfering with our electricity infrastructure. Such interference is a highly dangerous activity with the perpetrators putting their lives and the lives of others at risk."
Anyone with information is being asked to contact Crimestoppers, ESB Networks or Garda.
Posted date : 26-04-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan