Norway’s largest ever quarry blast!
BAM Ritchies help bring down more than 360,200 tonnes of rock at Bremanger Quarry
THE largest ever production blast in Norway took place last week at Bremanger Quarry, near Svelgen, approximately halfway between Bergen and Molde on the country’s west coast.
The blast was also the largest one ever fired by British firm BAM Ritchies, whose drilling and blasting expertise was utilized in co-operation with Finnish civil explosives suppliers Forcit Explosives.
A total of 454 blastholes were filled with 68 tonnes of explosives along a 385m long by 20m high bench at the quarry, to produce more than 360,200 tonnes of rock on the ground.
Posted date : 19-07-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan