Hanson reopen Croydon concrete plant
Plant positioned to take advantage of upcoming construction projects in south London
HANSON Concrete have reopened their Croydon plant to help cope with increasing demand.
The concrete plant will serve Croydon, Mitcham, Sydenham, Purley, Beckenham and Caterham, and will also supply specialist concrete products to the London market.
Sustainability is one of the highest priorities at the plant: aggregates are supplied from the nearest source (Greenwich) and are recycled via plant facilities, while cement is delivered to the plant from St Pancras.
Hanson Concrete regional general manager Mark Knapman said: ‘We are delighted to be able to extend our presence within the London market by reopening our Croydon concrete plant.
‘From a strategic point of view, we are now in an excellent position to take advantage of upcoming construction projects in the south-London market.
‘These include the large number of regeneration projects taking place in and around the Croydon area, such as the town centre redevelopment due to start later this year.’
Posted date : 12-05-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan