€430m Secured To Help Protect Flooding In Ireland
The Minister of State with special responsibility for the Office of Public Works (OPW) and Flood Relief Seán Canney TD made the announcement.
The Minister recently met the members of the Interdepartmental Flood Policy Co-Ordination Group to cover issues which are outside the scope of the responsibility of the OPW and to report on non-structural solutions that will inform the OPW ten year implementation plan.
Minister Canney said: "We recognise that the recent flooding has been extremely difficult for many communities across the country. To that end the Programme for Government sets out a number of key actions and activities to be attained during the lifetime of this Government. I and my colleagues in Government are committed to ensuring that the National Flood Risk Management Plan through its flood mitigation initiatives will protect as many communities as possible from flood risk in the years ahead. These initiatives will be underpinned by significant investment of €430million over the next five years."
The Minister was updated by each Department on its progress on a range of policy issues towards the finalisation of the report which will be presented to the appropriate Cabinet Committee at the end of June.
Posted date : 07-06-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan