Work On 3G Sports Pitch Complete In Co Fermanagh
Work on a new 3G sports pitch is Co Fermanagh is now complete.
The pitch was officially opened by football manager David Jeffrey.
The Department for Communities invested £357,000 funding towards the Maguiresbridge facility through the Regional Shared Sports Facility pilot programme.
The pitch was developed by Maguiresbridge District LOL No 14 and it also includes fencing, a car park and footpath, and floodlights to facilitate night time use. The facility will be utilised by local sports clubs, youth groups and other organisations within the area.
Chairman of Maguiresbridge Pitch Development and Management Committee, Derek Phair, said: "The provision of a new modern 3G pitch is a tremendous boost for the Maguiresbridge and wider Fermanagh area.
"Sport breaks down barriers and unites people in a common interest. This major investment will undoubtedly serve to further enhance community relations, and we look forward to welcoming sporting groups from whatever background to use our facility.
"The Maguiresbridge Pitch Development and Management Committee very much appreciate the support from the Department for Communities in making this project a reality. We are also indebted to David Jeffrey for taking the time out of his busy schedule to join us on such a special occasion."
Posted date : 24-05-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan