Three Firms Win SBIR Competition
Three firms have won a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) competition to develop smart technology solutions for Building Energy Rating (BER).
Derilinx, Elm Solutions and IHER were named the winners by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), together with Enterprise Ireland.
Each company will receive €30,000 from SEAI to research and demonstrate the viability of their smart solutions to help make BER more influential for homeowners.
SEAI Chief Executive Jim Gannon said: "Smart solutions, including mobile technology, can make BERs more informative and influential in property transactions and upgrades. With more than 600,000 BERs published, there is now a wealth of data to allow valuable comparisons to be made on energy performance. With a number of SEAI programmes reaching advanced stages of maturity, a key short term focus for us is to generate robust and data-driven insights into the most cost effective measures and combinations across both residential and non-residential buildings. These projects represent a starting point and a key strand of this exercise in the residential sector."
Posted date : 05-07-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan