Saudi Aramco, Exxon Mobil complete construction of refinery facility
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia:
Saudi Aramco Mobil Refinery Company Limited (SAMREF), a joint venture of Saudi Aramco and ExxonMobil, has completed the construction of major desulfurization facilities, including a new hydrotreater, that dramatically cuts sulfur levels in gasoline and diesel.
The clean fuels project has boosted the capacity of Samref refinery at Yanbu to 400,000 barrel per day, enabling production of 10 parts per million sulfur fuels.
The project is the largest investment by Samref and will reduce the sulfur levels in gasoline and diesel by more than 98 percent, to 10 parts per million, which makes the refinery an industry leader in emissions reduction.
“Our long-term partnership benefits from the technology and innovation from both companies,” said Khalid Al-Falih, President and CEO of Saudi Aramco. “It is also testimony of Saudi Arabia’s long-standing role as a reliable energy supplier to key geographic areas of the world.”
Mohammad Al Naghash, president and chief executive officer of SAMREF, added: “The company contributes to the global competitiveness of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by providing world class fuels, but also creating jobs and improving the surrounding environment.”
Ref:Business News for Construction
Posted date : 15-12-2014
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan