R Collard open new aggregate washing plant
Recycling technology from TWS and DUO to enhance efficiency and environmental performance of projects in South of England
CONSTRUCTION waste-management firm R Collard Ltd have opened a new aggregate washing plant at their recycling facility in Eversley, Hampshire. The new plant – which was opened by Sir Gerald Howarth, MP, at a special open day event earlier this month – incorporates the very latest technology to enhance the quality and efficiency of the recycling process.
Capable of throughputs up to 120 tonnes/h, the machine will provide a local source of high-grade recycled aggregate products all year round to improve the efficiency and environmental performance of regional construction and civil engineering developments in the South of England.
Designed and installed by DUO in just six weeks, the plant contains the latest generation of washing systems, the AggreSand 165 and AggreScrub 150 washing units, supplied by TWS.
The new recycling plant boasts a number of advanced features including: cyclone technology that produces a high-grade coarse sand product with <2% silt content; integrated sorting systems removing non-mineral contaminants so more waste is used as feedstock; and a new feeder system which can process cohesive material even when moisture content changes.
Robert Collard, founder and managing director of R Collard, commented: ‘Transport is a major factor in the cost of aggregates so our investment in this plant is a direct response to increasing demand for high-quality, affordable recycled products in our catchment area across the South East. The refinements to the technology involved will allow us to process more waste than we’ve collected before and create a truly closed-loop recycling system for construction waste in the South of England.’
Posted date : 30-06-2015
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan