Plans Approved For New Hotel To Be Developed In L'Derry
Full planning permission for the demolition of existing buildings at Great James Street and Strand Road was granted by Derry City and Strabane District Council’s Planning Committee.
Plans for the new 116-bedroom hotel located in the city centre hotel also include three ground floor retail units and one ground floor restaurant, with all associated site and access works located at 29-35 Strand Road and lands between 6a and 8 Great James Street.
The application for the demolition of the existing Strand Bar and former Flaming Jacks restaurant will now be officially issued by the Planning Officers to the applicants.
Chief Executive of Derry City and Strabane District Council, John Kelpie, said that the new development was a significant one for the district. "We are delighted to see the successful delivery of new tourism developments which will enhance the profile of the City and District in keeping with the objectives of the Community Plan.
"This proposal is an important development which will significantly improve the infrastructure of the area and also bring a prominent site within the city centre back into use. The development will contribute positively to the economic development and regeneration of the city and the wider north west."
Posted date : 13-09-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan