Planning Approved For Two Hotels In Belfast
Belfast City Council gave the go-ahead for two new developments to be built in Hope Street and the extension of the Ten Square Hotel on the corner of Linenhall Street and Donegall Square South.
A 179-bedroom new build hotel is to be developed, as well as an additional 46 rooms at Ten Square Hotel.
Chair of the committee, Councillor Matt Garrett, said: "The fact that we have been able to grant planning permission for six major new hotels in nine months is a clear demonstration of how this Council is committed to working for the benefit of the city, and to ensuring that proposals such as these are moved forward as quickly and efficiently as possible."
The other hotels to have been granted planning permission in recent months are at the former Harland and Wolff headquarters building in Titanic Quarter, the 'Grand Central' in the former Windsor House in Bedford Street, the former Belfast Metropolitan College campus in Brunswick Street, and the conversion of a former office complex in Victoria Street. This represents a total of almost 700 new bedrooms.
Posted date : 27-01-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan