Nuberg wins deal to set up UAE’s first Calcium Chloride Plant
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates:
India-based Nuberg Engineering has won a contract from the UAE's business group Al Ghaith to set up a calcium chloride project in the country. The project, which will have a capacity of 85 Metric Tons per Day (MTPD), is said to be the first in the UAE.
The company already has two ongoing Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction (EPFC) Chlor Alkali projects with Al Ghaith and is in the process of commissioning the first phase of the EPFC project. With this new project the total contract between the two companies is close to USD 50 million.
The scope of the new project includes the process design and technology, basic and detail engineering, project management, procurement, erection, quality inspection, safety enforcement, training and commissioning services. The fabrication for heavy process equipment will be done from the company’s manufacturing unit in Gujarat in India.
Mr. A.K. Tyagi, Chairman, Nuberg Engineering said: "We are excited about the project as it gives us the opportunity to set up UAE's first Calcium Chloride plant, making us one of the most trusted and reliable EPFC-LSTK companies globally."
Mr. Ali Hamel, Chairman, Al Ghaith Industries said, "We are proud to announce UAE's first Calcium Chloride plant. This strategic plant will affect import/export balance of Calcium Chloride in UAE favour. The project is a leap in the direction to encourage the non-oil industry in UAE. This project will enable us to not only cater to the local market but also export to neighboring countries as well."
Ref:Business News for Construction
Posted date : 05-12-2014
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan