Newry To Undergo £862,000 Improvement Works
Upper and Lower Hill Street, Marcus Street East/West and Margaret Street East/West are set to undergo Public Realm Improvements.
Features of the project include:
• Upgrading of footpaths
• Increased and improved lighting provision
• Additional street furniture
Pre-construction works are due to begin later this month with the project due to be completed in summer 2016.
A total of over £662,000 is being contributed to the project by the Department for Social Development, while £200,000 is to be provided from Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
Minister Mervyn Storey said: "This is a major investment for Newry and will see significant improvements to the heart of the town, making it more attractive to its residents, traders, visitors and investors.
"I have seen how Public Realm improvement schemes in other towns have created a more attractive environment, and how these have helped improve the vitality of the area."
Cllr Naomi Baillie added: "Newry has witnessed significant upgrades to its Public Realm in recent years and this Cathedral Corridor scheme will further assist in the regeneration of the wider Hill Street area."
Posted date : 01-12-2015
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan