New Water Treatment Plant To Be Developed In Co Laois
Irish Water has teamed up with Laois County Council and is to invest €2.7 million in the development of the new plant.
The investment is part of the Portarlington Water Supply Scheme and the new treatment plant will be constructed at the existing La Bergerie, Wellfield site.
The contract for the project has been signed by Irish Water and Veolia Water Ireland. Work is expected to start in the coming months and it will take approximately 12 months to complete the project.
Water Treatment Programme Specialist for Irish Water William McKnight said: "Providing a safe and secure water supply for the communities and businesses in Portarlington and the surrounding areas is a key objective for Irish Water. We are pleased to deliver this project that will provide real benefits for the community in terms of security, quality and reliability of supply. This is one of the many investments Irish Water is making to improve the water and wastewater infrastructure in Ireland that is in need of critical investment."
Posted date : 26-04-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan