New UK headquarters for Wirtgen Group
Company investing £9.2 million in modern facilities to support continued customer growth
WIRTGEN Group have shown their commitment to the UK road construction equipment and mineral products markets by announcing an investment of £9.2 million in a new headquarters in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
The state-of-the-art head office will house sales, service, workshop and storage facilities. Wirtgen currently have a base in North Hykeham, Lincolnshire, and a depot site in Leicester, both of which will be brought together at the new single, purpose-built building.
‘We are delighted to have found the right premises solution for our UK operation and this investment is a clear long-term commitment by the Wirtgen Group to further develop our business here,’ said Paul Holmes, managing director of Wirtgen Ltd.
‘The central location of the site, with good transport links, the bespoke design and build service provided by a trusted construction contractor, and the financial package met all our requirements. We have grown rapidly in the past few years, creating many new jobs as we have introduced new products and services to our customers.’
He continued: ‘The UK economy remains robust and we have ambitious plans for further growth to be able to meet the opportunities offered by the diverse section of road and mineral technologies we deal with. Our new premises will provide us with a purpose-built building with a capacity to expand in a fast-growing market and help us raise our profile with existing and potential new customers.’
The Lindum Joint Ventures team played a vital role in bringing the project together, working closely with Wirtgen, the landowners and key local partners, including the local authority and design and construction firms.
Stuart Mitchell, managing director of Lindum JV, said: ‘We are delighted to have played an important part in delivering this major investment project for the area, which will result in the creation of a new business park that is not only home to Wirtgen’s UK operation but also other companies wanting to locate here.’
Posted date : 12-09-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan