New fleet of Hitachi machines for SLTP
French demolition firm bolsters machinery fleet with nine excavators in response to upturn in business activity
LYON-based Société Lyonnaise de Travaux Publics (SLTP) have purchased eight Hitachi medium-excavators and a mini-excavator from local authorized dealers Teramat. Operators for the demolition and earthmoving contractor helped drive the investment in the new machines – which includes five ZX350LCN-6 models, two ZX300LCN-6 units and a ZX135US-6 – following an extensive test against other branded equipment models.
The expansion in SLTP’s equipment is also a reflection of the company’s growth and healthy order book for 2017. Among the major contracts are: excavation and demolition works at the Hôtel-Dieu site, on the west bank of the Rhône river; and a demolition project at the Stade Gerland, the home of Lyon OU rugby union club.
One of the key benefits of the Hitachi excavators is the operator comfort provided. Working on the ZX350LC-3 machine, Hilarío das Neves Ferreira said: ‘My first impressions are that the cab is very comfortable. The seat is fully adjustable, the machine produces low-noise levels and an ergonomic control panel is provided. The excavator also ensures stability on uneven terrain and is very precise when extracting and sorting the demolished materials.’
Another impressive feature of the Hitachi equipment is the high levels of fuel efficiency, as Thomas Jean-Louis explained: ‘There is no question that the machines are outstanding in terms of efficiency, fuel consumption and ease of maintenance. Teramat are also responsive to our needs; always delivering a quick solution thanks to an excellent after-sales service.
‘We took out an extended five-year, 6,000-hour warranty for all our new Hitachi machines. And we are able to monitor our fleet perfectly and, in doing so, prevent any breakdowns and unnecessary financial losses.’
Posted date : 29-08-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan