More CDE plants for CEMEX
Materials washing specialist to supply a further three new processing plants to CEMEX
FOLLOWING the recent opening of CEMEX’s Datchet Quarry, in Berkshire, CDE have announced a new partnership with the quarry operators to deliver a further three new sand and aggregates washing projects across the Midlands and South of England.
CEMEX are investing substantially to further strengthen their UK aggregates operations and the latest CDE plants – a total of four to be completed by the end 2016 – adds to the operator’s extensive portfolio of 63 quarries and 230 concrete mixing plants serving the UK market.
Matthew Bunting, director of business development UK & Ireland, said: ‘We are pleased to be working once again with CEMEX on their progressive aggregates projects in the UK. The CDE team has been designing, manufacturing and installing the plants in the past few months and we are delighted to have completed commissioning of the first two projects. We look forward to announcing a number of open days, in conjunction with CEMEX, to celebrate the completion of these projects later this year.’
The new quarry at Datchet is a strategically important site for CEMEX supplying approximately 400,000 tonnes of materials each year, while the replacement plants at the three existing sites will deliver increased capacities and maximum material recoveries.
Rob Doody, operations director aggregates for CEMEX UK, commented: ‘Our investment in new CDE plants allows us to increase capacity in a number of growth markets around the country, as well as investing in new mineral areas. They represent an investment in the future of our aggregate business and highlight the long-term importance of this business within the UK.’
Posted date : 30-09-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan