Ministers Agree To Sell Shackleton Site In L'Derry
The firm plans to create over 100 jobs initially on the 621.5 acre site.
First Minister Arlene Foster said: "I'm pleased to confirm we have agreed to sell the Shackleton site to MJM Group.
"This site which was gifted to the Executive under the Agreement at Hillsborough Castle, presents a unique opportunity for MJM Group to maximise its potential.
"MJM plans for Shackleton include a private jet and rail carriage fit out facility, renewable energy and the company's own IT service centre and facilities management services which will create over 100 new jobs.
"With NI Water's plans to develop part of the Site for an Integrated Constructed Wetland and DARD’S plans for its new Headquarters, the entire Site will soon be brought back into use by the new owners. At a time when our manufacturing sector has had a number of disappointing announcements, this is a good day not just for Ballykelly but for the manufacturing sector of the wider North West."
The deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness said: "A key aspect of MJM's proposal was its commitment to providing significant community benefits, including a refurbished community building and outdoor recreation facilities. The site will now be accessible and become an important part of community life. The combination of private investment alongside DARD’s new headquarters bringing 600 jobs will be the economic injection the North West needs."
Jarlath Quinn the Group Chief Executive said: "We will endeavour to develop the site by establishing a number of new business ventures on the site such as a facility to refurbish and fit our private jets as well as having a specialist fabrication business on the Shackelton site and therefore creating significant employment in the local area.
"Other business ventures under serious consideration by us are the creation of one of the largest solar panel plants in Europe with the development of a 60MW Solar Farm at a cost of £60 million."
Posted date : 01-03-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan