Metso investing in growth in Tampere
Lokotrack crushing plant production capacity to be enhanced with investment in new assembly line
METSO are increasing the capacity of their main production facility in Tampere, Finland, with a new assembly line for Lokotrack mobile crushing plants. Representing an investment of approximately €1 million, the new line will significantly shorten crusher delivery times and increase occupational safety at the factory.
The existing Speedline 1 assembly line in Tampere currently produces one 50-tonne Compact series mobile crusher per working shift. The new Speedline 2 assembly line will increase the factory’s production capacity by more than 30%.
‘The delivery times of equipment models produced using an assembly line method instead of today’s fixed assembly method will be significantly reduced,’ commented project manager Juha Erkkilä (pictured). ‘At the same time, we will be releasing plenty of space for assembling the largest crushers and Lokotrack models in fixed assembly locations.
He continued: ‘Parts to be assembled will be better accommodated in a more spacious hall, which will improve occupational safety, whilst a new elevated gangway will allow visitors to view operations in the factory more safely.’
Mr Erkkilä added: ‘Due to the increasing demand for track-mounted mobile crushing plants, Metso’s heavier and more complex Lokotrack models, such as the LT120, LT220D and LT300HP/GP, will also be manufactured on Speedline 2, in addition to current large-volume models such as the LT106 and LT1213.’
Construction work on the factory upgrade has already started and the first Lokotrack equipment is expected to start rolling off the new assembly line during the first quarter of 2018.
Posted date : 27-06-2017
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan
- Record breaking first day at Hillhead
- CONSTRUCTION REBOUNDS AFTER WEATHER FREEZE
- Double delight for Warwick Ward
- Mesto boost mobile crusher production capacity