Mayor Welcomes €5m European Grant For Cork
The cash boost will be put towards 'sustainable urban development' under the city's Designated Urban Centres Grants Scheme.
Approximately €3.5m is to be provided for the development of Marina Park and the environmental enhancement of Monahan Rd.
In addition, €1.5m will be used to develop a dedicated cycle and pedestrian bridge between Harley Street and Merchants Quay.
Both projects will be matched funded by the city council.
Councillor O'Leary said: "We warmly welcome this announcement which follows a very comprehensive application submitted by Cork City Council.
"Following on from the recent announcement of the Capitol development, it again highlights how the city centre is being revitalised though a combination of public and private sector investment."
Posted date : 27-01-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan