Management buyout at DSM Demolition Group
Senior management team and investors Metric Capital Partners complete MBO
BIRMINGHAM-based DSM, one of the UK’s leading demolition firms, have announced the completion of a management buyout by the company’s senior management team along with new investment partners Metric Capital Partners (MCP).
The deal also sees the merger of DSM and land developers St Francis Group (SFG), creating a £50 million-turnover business which has been backed by MCP.
The new management team is led by group chief executive, Rob Braid, and finance chief, Brian Barker, while David Scheurl and Ilkka Rantanen, both partners at MCP, join the new board.
In a statement MCP said: ‘The combination of DSM’s technical capabilities and the planning expertise of SFG will allow the Group to approach challenging opportunities with a unique perspective. These elements provide a solid base for the company’s growth strategy, and we are supportive of the management team – led by Rob Braid and Brian Baker – to drive the business forward.’
Formed in 1988, DSM supply complex demolition, remediation and decommissioning solutions, while Warwickshire-based SFG (founded in 1973) acquire brownfield sites and perform demolition, remediation and planning enhancements, selling ‘clean’ sites to developers.
According to the combined firm, the buyout and merger will give it a ‘clear competitive edge in the UK through its combined expertise – in technical remediation and planning expertise, combined with an acquisition vehicle to purchase environmentally challenging sites.’
Posted date : 10-05-2017
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan
- Record breaking first day at Hillhead
- CONSTRUCTION REBOUNDS AFTER WEATHER FREEZE
- Double delight for Warwick Ward
- Mesto boost mobile crusher production capacity
- Anglo American exits South African coal with sale of New Largo mine