JCB workers vote to accept pay rise
JCB shop-floor employees have voted to accept a 2.2% pay rise for 2017 as part of a newly agreed three-year wage deal.
The agreement on pay was reached following a vote by GMB members and will see around 3,200 shop-floor employees receive the increase from 1 January 2017.
The rise is linked to November’s Retail Price Index (RPI), with increases in 2018 and 2019 also being linked to those two years’ respective November RPI figures.
The latest deal will follow the expiry on 31 December 2016 of the previous three-year pay deal agreed in 2013 and affects employees at JCB’s plants in Rocester, Uttoxeter, Cheadle, Rugeley, Wrexham, and Foston in Derbyshire.
Chief executive officer Graeme Macdonald (pictured) said: ‘I am pleased an agreement has been reached on a long-term pay deal for JCB’s UK shop-floor employees. It gives us the stability we need to plan for 2017 and beyond as we seek to grow the business in the next few years.’
It was also confirmed this week that more than 5,000 JCB employees in the UK are to receive a £400 Christmas bonus. Staff at the firm’s 11 plants in Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Wrexham will share in a festive bonus pot worth more than £2 million.
Mr Macdonald continued: ‘While global construction equipment markets have remained fragile during 2016, JCB have made some good progress and have grown their share in a declining market.
‘I’m delighted that Lord Bamford has agreed to award a Christmas bonus in 2016 and I thank everyone for their commitment and hard work this year in such a difficult economic climate.’
Posted date : 22-12-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan