Hills Quarry Products win prestigious Health and Safety Award
Company scoops the Sir Frank Davies Trophy for businesses with fewer than 1,000 employees
HILLS Quarry Products have been awarded the prestigious Sir Frank Davies Trophy, which recognizes outstanding excellence in health and safety in companies with fewer than 1,000 employees.
The award was presented to Peter Andrew (second from right), group director of Hills Quarry Products, and his management team at the 2016 Mineral Products Association (MPA) Health and Safety Conference and Awards event on 10 November.
The judges commented that not only had Hills shown that the attributes of leadership, workforce engagement, commitment and attitude are relevant to health and safety, but by applying these principles across all aspect of the business, together with links within the wider community, the company had developed an inclusive culture and work ethic.
Providing the tools for all employees to engage and recognize their contribution to the company has been very clear, and after reaching a plateau in reactive statistics, Hills embarked on a behavioural approach to further health and safety performance during 2015, the result of which has kept them LTI-free to date.
Mr Andrew said: ‘We put health and safety at the centre of our business and this award is recognition that we are doing the right thing.
‘Our business is all about our people and I am extremely proud of every member of my team as they all participated in the new initiatives and worked hard to ensure that we have a healthy and safe workplace. It is a great result.’
Posted date : 30-11-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan