HCEE open new Belgian HQ
Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe officially open new European headquarters in Tessenderlo
HCEE (Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe) have officially opened their new headquarters in Tessenderlo, Belgium, in the presence of management from the company’s South Korean headquarters, as well as national and regional government, European dealers and Hyundai personnel.
The opening of the new European headquarters is said to mark another major milestone in the path towards Hyundai's goal of entering the top five ranking manufacturers in the global construction equipment market by 2023, and comes after Hyundai Construction Equipment was spun off from Hyundai Heavy Industries to become an independent business unit on 1 April 2017.
Representing an investment of €30 million, the new headquarters complex comprises a new 5,400 square metre three-storey office building, a 13,000 square metre parts warehouse, a training academy, an event hall and a showroom. The site will double HCEE’s capacity to stock and supply machine parts.
Alain Worp, managing director of HCEE, said: ‘This new facility as an excellent step forward for our European division. After becoming an independent business unit earlier this year, the rebranding of the company, and the definition of our global vision 2023, this new European headquarters is a clear indication that things are moving fast within Hyundai Construction Equipment.
‘It is also a clear signal to the market that we are here…and that we are here to stay in a big way. For me this is only the beginning of our successful path to the future.’
For more than 30 years since its launch in 1985, Hyundai’s construction equipment business operated under the umbrella of Hyundai Heavy Industries. The business has now been spun off under an independent management system to suit the unique characteristics of the construction equipment business, in a bid to increase global competitiveness.
Posted date : 17-10-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan