FP McCann Uses Readymix Concrete To Build Wind Turbine Bases
The firm supplied over 6000m³ of readymix concrete to Altaveedan Wind Farm in Loughguile.
The concrete mix was used to build nine wind turbine bases, hardstandings and other concrete structures.
Each base required 500m³ of concrete, which had to be continuously supplied in one day due to planning conditions.
A low carbon GGBS mix was used to reduce mass concrete temperature and thermal cracking.
Posted date : 15-03-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan