Finlay Group support for quarry health and safety event
Terex Finlay 694 screener forms key part of Hanson workshop at Health and Safety Awareness Day
A TEREX Finlay 694 was one of the main features at a health and safety event held at a Staffordshire quarry.
Wardlow and Wredon Quarry played host to the Mineral Products Association (MPA) and JCB’s Health and Safety Awareness Day, with delegates from across the Midlands in attendance.
Finlay Central, part of the Finlay Group of companies, provided the screener for Hanson UK’s workshop, entitled ‘Lock off, isolation and guarding of plant.’
The workshop was hosted by Hanson’s Graham Dunwell and Sam Hewitt, who gave delegates the opportunity to inspect a mobile crusher to identify guarding defects which had been set on the equipment – and also identify all the relevant safety features and guarding measures in place. The training also showed what could go wrong if isolations were not carried out correctly.
Rik Kiddle, sales and marketing director with the Finlay Group, said: ‘We were delighted to be involved in such an important event. Having the Terex Finlay 694 at the site allowed participants to see best practice first hand. Events such as this provide a useful way to raise the profile of health and safety on site.’
Other topics covered at the event included workplace transport, first aid and HAV awareness and monitoring. Designed to promote best practice and encourage the whole workforce to keep health and safety at the forefront of their minds, the event attracted 80 delegates – including members of the MPA as well as contractors and hauliers. The session formed part of a number of courses being organized across the UK by the MPA.
Mick Brookes, Wardlow and Wredon’s quarry manager, said: ‘This is the second time we have hosted the event for the Midlands region. The day covered topical issues within the health and safety sector and was a great success.’
Posted date : 04-10-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan