Farrans Begins £4.9m Hydro Scheme In Scotland
The NI-based company is underway with the Grudie Hydro Scheme in Kinlochewe.
The development is being carried out on behalf of RWE Innology.
The project includes building 1.8km of 1.2m diameter penstock pipeline, a RC intake structure, a RC Powerhouse structure and building services, tailrace outfall and permanent access track.
Neil McDonald, Farrans' Contract Manager, said: "Farrans is delighted to have been awarded the Grudie Hydro Scheme contract and the site team, led by Bob Dooner, is very much looking forward to the challenge.
"The team is looking forward to working closely with RWE and the various stakeholders and we hope to build upon our established relationship with RWE in order to deliver a quality project."
The project is due for completion in December.
Posted date : 23-02-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan