Fairport Engineering selected for Barruecopardo project
UK company to deliver construction management contract for Spanish tungsten mine project
SALORO SL have awarded the construction management contract for their Barruecopardo Tungsten Project, in Salamanca, Spain, to UK-based bulk material processing and handling project specialists Fairport Engineering.
Fairport, who have previous mineral processing experience in Spain, will be acting as principal contractor at the mine site for Saloro, with responsibility for the safe management and co-ordination of process equipment suppliers and subcontractors.
In 2013, Irish mining company Ormonde Mining plc, through their Spanish subsidiary Saloro SL, appointed Fairport Engineering Ltd as their ‘engineer and designer’ to review and develop the basic engineering design for their Barruecopardo project.
Fairport were commissioned by Saloro in March 2014 to carry out the basic engineering study for the project and have been advancing the detailed engineering since June 2015.
With detailed engineering works for the processing plant now well advanced, equipment contracts have been placed by Saloro, including the supply and installation of a turnkey crushing and screening plant and the supply of a standalone jig pre-concentration circuit.
These contracts are being managed by Fairport Engineering, who will bring their wide-ranging experience to bear to ensure timely fabrication and delivery.
Posted date : 24-05-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan