Eagle spreads its wings
A Glasgow tool and plant hire company is digging deep again to finance its continuing expansion programme.
EAGLE PLANT HIRE SIGNEagle Plant Hire has spent £250,000 in the last 10 weeks on mini excavators, pedestrian rollers and other fleet additions and is already looking ahead to further investment, currently budgeted at around £500,000, in 2015 that will take spending in the last three years through the £1m barrier.
In addition, the company recently acquired more than 500 items of equipment from the liquidators of East Kilbride Tool Hire following the sudden death of proprietor Ian Wilson. “When we spoke to customers of Mr Wilson it was obvious they valued the local service he provided,” said Eagle director Colin Inglis. “He supplied a wide range of customers, from small local builders to main contractors, and we thought it would be a good addition to our business.
“We purchased assets such as access towers, tile hoists, power tools, concreting equipment and so on and transferred everything to our premises in the east end from where we can easily service the East Kilbride area. We’ve been contacting customers of the business and so far 80% have opened accounts with us so that’s very encouraging.”
Kubota continues to be Eagle’s preferred brand of mini excavator.
New equipment coming into the yard in recent weeks has included Kubota and JCB micro and mini excavators – bringing the fleet up to 25 – Terex and Bomag rollers as well as access equipment and power tools. “We need to keep the fleet as modern as possible to ensure we retain our existing business and attract new customers,” said Inglis.
To help bring in that new business Eagle is looking to recruit a salesperson with a solid background in the tool and plant hire sector to cover the central belt. The hire desk team will also be strengthened.
Ref:News from Scottish Plant
Posted date : 10-12-2014
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan