Deere complete acquisition of Wirtgen Group
US farm machinery giant establishes leading position in road construction equipment
DEERE Company (John Deere) have completed their €4.6 billion acquisition of the Wirtgen Group, the world’s leading manufacturer of road construction equipment.
The Wirtgen Group has a global footprint with approximately 8,200 employees and sells products in more than 100 countries through a large network of company-owned and independent dealers.
The Group’s product portfolio is complementary to Deere’s existing construction equipment offering and establishes Deere as the industry leader in global road construction.
The Wirtgen Group has premium brands across the entire road construction sector spanning milling, processing, mixing, paving, compaction and rehabilitation.
‘The Wirtgen Group will enhance the size, scale and stature of our construction equipment business, and will help us continue our global growth,’ said Samuel R. Allen, chairman and chief executive officer of Deere Company.
Mr Allen added that the acquisition aligned with Deere’s long-term strategy to expand in both agriculture and construction – the company’s two global growth businesses.
Posted date : 12-12-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan