Deere complete acquisition of Wirtgen Group
US farm machinery giant establishes leading position in road construction equipment
DEERE Company (John Deere) have completed their €4.6 billion acquisition of the Wirtgen Group, the world’s leading manufacturer of road construction equipment.
The Wirtgen Group has a global footprint with approximately 8,200 employees and sells products in more than 100 countries through a large network of company-owned and independent dealers.
The Group’s product portfolio is complementary to Deere’s existing construction equipment offering and establishes Deere as the industry leader in global road construction.
The Wirtgen Group has premium brands across the entire road construction sector spanning milling, processing, mixing, paving, compaction and rehabilitation.
‘The Wirtgen Group will enhance the size, scale and stature of our construction equipment business, and will help us continue our global growth,’ said Samuel R. Allen, chairman and chief executive officer of Deere Company.
Mr Allen added that the acquisition aligned with Deere’s long-term strategy to expand in both agriculture and construction – the company’s two global growth businesses.
Posted date : 12-12-2017
- Double delight for Warwick Ward
- Mesto boost mobile crusher production capacity
- Anglo American exits South African coal with sale of New Largo mine
- Obituary: Robert Durward
- Year-end surge in new orders
- Banks Mining helping to build careers in mineral extraction
- Deere complete acquisition of Wirtgen Group
- Irish Industry News
- David Davis reassures business as Brexit talks enter key stage
- HCEE open new Belgian HQ