Datchet Quarry opens for business
New CEMEX site in Berkshire set to be of strategic importance for London and the South East
CEMEX have opened a new quarry in Datchet, Berkshire, adjacent to the M4, to supply essential sand and gravel to construction customers and ready-mixed concrete plants in London and the South East.
Datchet Quarry will supply approximately 400,000 tonnes of material per annum and, with many quarries in the area now exhausted, will be of strategic importance to the region’s supply chain.
For the first time in CEMEX UK’s aggregate business, the processing plant was supplied by CDE Global. Representing an investment of £3 million, the new CDE M2500 modular plant is designed to deliver finished materials including sand, 4–10mm and 10–20mm aggregates.
The plant consists of a triple-deck Prograde screen, a CDE Evowash sand plant, conveyors and an oversize recycling system incorporating a Metso crusher.
Sand and gravel is currently being dug 800m from the processing facility and transported to the plant via a hopper feeder and two field conveyors that were previously used at CEMEX’s Kingsmead Quarry, which closed in June this year.
Three contractors – Fentons, RMB Contractors and Vision Construction – were involved in construction of the plant and various other aspects of the site.
Nine CEMEX delivery trucks and 11 contract hauliers trucks are based at Datchet Quarry and in total 19 staff are employed at the site.
Posted date : 20-09-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan