Construction Work On £160m Dualling Scheme To Begin
Construction work on a £160 million scheme on the A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme is to begin.
Work will take place on the sections from Randalstown to Toome and from Moyola to Castledawson Roundabout.
The project will deliver reductions in peak journey times by at least a quarter, remove several bottlenecks along the route and also significantly improve road safety for 18,000 people using the road daily.
The entire scheme is expected to be substantially complete in early 2021, with the Randalstown to Toome section open to traffic as soon as 2019.
The ongoing work will also benefit the local construction industry delivering local jobs and investment, with £2.30 of benefit to the local economy for every £1 of capital investment. Social clauses within the contract will also ensure the creation of between 15-20 new paid employment and training opportunities over the construction period.
Posted date : 09-05-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan