Construction Firm To Create 50 New Jobs
Thornton Roofing said the move is part of an £8 million expansion.
The firm, which operates throughout Ireland from its Toomebridge HQ, has recently won a series of high profile contracts within the health, education, heritage and leisure sectors that will serve as a platform for its five year growth programme which will include the recruitment of more than a dozen apprentice joiners.
Managing Director, Stephen Thornton, said: "Whilst we do work in the Republic of Ireland and Britain, from time to time, our core business over the last five decades has been drawn from Northern Ireland latterly in the form of projects at the Waterfront Hall, Belfast; Altnagelvin Hospital, the Museum of Free Derry and the Seamus Heaney Centre in Bellaghy. A key element in our growth programme, however, will be securing of contracts in England and Scotland."
As part of the growth programme Thorntons plans to expand its office accommodation and manufacturing facilities at Toomebridge with the addition of a new 1,000 sqm building.
Posted date : 02-02-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan