Co Mayo Firm To Create 55 New Jobs
Portwest, manufacturers of Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment, confirmed over the next four years staff levels will increase from 75 to 130 at its head office in Westport.
The family-run business is operated by a trio of brothers, Cathal, Owen and Harry Hughes.
In order to cater for the continued worldwide expansion, an investment of €4 million to double the size of the companies' rural west of Ireland base will take place. Once the expansion to the offices are complete, recruitment is to begin in areas of product development and design, finance, sales, supply chain, marketing and HR.
Cathal Hughes, Group Chairman of Portwest said: "We are very confident we will achieve these ambitious plans. Although the Portwest brand is sold in over 100 countries, we are also cautious that we have a long way to go to achieve maturity in a lot of these markets. We have heavily invested in staff over the last five years and are now at the planning stages to ensure we achieve further rapid growth. Part of this means we are actively looking for suitable acquisitions in both Australia and the US."
CEO of Portwest, Harry Hughes, confirmed that the company will also expand its manufacturing division from current employment levels of 1,600 staff to 4,500 staff over the next four years.
Posted date : 09-08-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan