CEMEX open new quarry in Lincolnshire
Cromwell Quarry to supply around 200,000 tonnes of sand and gravel a year to local construction markets
CEMEX have opened a new quarry at Cromwell, Lincolnshire, as part of a major UK development plan. Located close to the A1, the 26.5ha site will supply approximately 200,000 tonnes of high-quality sand and gravel per annum to the local market and the area around north Nottinghamshire.
The new CEMEX site has reserves of an estimated 2.4 million tonnes and the fact it is close to the A1 route means the company has easy access to the market with no disturbances to local communities in neigbouring towns and villages.
The processing plant was supplied by DUO and includes Terex aggregates and washing equipment, along with a triple-deck rising screen and sizing/dewatering screens to produce four products – sharp sand, 10mm, 20mm and 40mm. As aggregates are being extracted, the site will gradually be restored to wetlands.
Stephen Redwood, national reserves development director for CEMEX UK, said: ‘This quarry is an important development for the business and is part of our aggregates development plan, which will see us investing in new quarries, new plants and building a new wharf to increase our UK production.’
Posted date : 13-10-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan