CEMEX help lay foundations for iconic US skyscrapers
Company supplies concrete for Salesforce Tower in San Francisco and Panorama Tower in Miami
CEMEX USA are contributing to the foundations of two of the tallest, most innovative skyscrapers in the US – the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco and the new Panorama Tower in Miami – with the supply of more than 17,500 cubic meters of ready-mixed concrete for two of the largest mat pours in the two cities.
‘These projects exemplify our commitment to providing top-quality service and products for industry-leading projects,’ said Ignacio Madridejos, president of CEMEX USA. ‘We are proud to contribute in the evolution of the nation’s skylines and to partner with some of the most renowned architects, developers, and suppliers in the world.’
On the West Coast, the Salesforce Tower will become the tallest building in San Francisco once its 61 floors are completed. For this 130,000 square meter construction project, more than 130 ready-mixed concrete trucks from CEMEX’s plants in the San Francisco region performed an 18-hour pour to supply around 5,500 cubic meters of the 9,100 cubic meters of concrete required for the job. This marked the second-largest mat pour in the history of the city.
On the East Coast, CEMEX USA provided concrete for the foundations of Miami’s new Panorama Tower, an 83-storey building that will become the tallest residential structure on the eastern seaboard south of New York. For this project, the company poured approximately 8,800 cubic meters of concrete over 23 hours – the largest single mat pour ever completed in Miami for the largest building foundation in the history of the state of Florida.
Posted date : 24-05-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan