Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
The GSH420 and GSH520 grapples feature horizontal placement of the cylinders, thus creating a profile that allows for effective material penetration and efficient bulk material handling. The design also enhances the strength, reliability and durability of the new grapples, which are available in four-tine and five-tine shell configurations and in closed or semi-open versions.
In addition, the GSH420 and GSH520 units feature a redesigned rotation system and they have been specially developed to work with the Caterpillar MH3022, MH3024, and MH3026 material handlers.
For long-term durability, the GSH Series grapples are constructed in high-grade, impact-resistant steel that protects vulnerable areas, such as hydraulic cylinders. The machine attachments also include high-quality bushings with lubrication grooves and hardened pins used in all pivot points. Tines are configured with replaceable cast tips made from wear-resistant BHN 445-555 material.
In addition, solid hinge-point construction and robust end-stops ensure long service life, and routing hydraulic hoses within the tines reduces hose wear. All mounting brackets feature a solid pin to keep the bracket in an upright position for ease of installation.
The GSH grapples also feature a standard lifting eye at the bottom of the housing for expanded versatility, such as mounting a magnet.
Posted date : 11-07-2018
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan