Call For All-Island Ban On Fracking
The Green Party published the motion following concerns over the exploratory drilling at Woodburn Forest near Carrickfergus in Co Antrim.
The party will also be seeking cross-party support for the motion.
Green Party Deputy Leader Catherine Martin TD said: "The damage done by fracking does not recognise borders, and neither should our desire to protect the environment on the island of Ireland.
"This motion will compel the Government to take an all-island approach to banning fracking by raising the issue at the North South Ministerial Council (NSMC). Working with their colleagues in the Northern Ireland Executive, there is a real opportunity for the Government to take strong steps to protect Ireland's clean, green reputation, and avoid the toxic legacy left behind by fracking operations."
Posted date : 14-06-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan