Business up by a coupler hundred
Northern Ireland coupler manufacturer Hill Engineering expects business with Japanese excavator manufacturer Takeuchi to reach 700 units next year in a sales surge that will see it more than quadruple the number it supplied in 2013.
Hill supplied around 150 units for Takeuchis last year and expects to break the 500 mark in 2014. And sales director Mike Roby predicts: “With Takeuchi’s strong performance in the excavator market place we fully expect to retail in the region of 700 couplers next year.”
He continued: “This year alone Takeuchi has invested in the region of £700,000 with Hill. We see this growth continuing as the Takeuchi customer base continue to specify the TEFRA [Hill’s award-winning coupler] more and more due to the increased reliability of the product.”
Takeuchi 14 tonne
TEFRA on the business end of a 14-tonne Takeuchi.
This year Takeuchi increased its product range with the introduction of the TB260 and TB290 and the wheeled TB295W. “It is on these larger sized excavators, five-tonne plus weight class, alongside the popular three-tonne TB228, that customers often select Hill as the preferred hitch,” said Kevin McLaren, Takeuchi’s service manager.
Roby commented: “While working with Takeuchi we have also looked at better working practices. This has led to the development of a bespoke fitting solution on their machines, new despatch processes at our factory and an aggressive stocking programme by Takeuchi themselves.”
The TEFRA unit has won a number of engineering awards including The Queens Award for Innovation 2014.
Ref:News from Scottish Plant
Posted date : 10-12-2014
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan