Bumper attendance at Hillhead 2016
Visitor numbers 7.1% up show-on-show at biggest and busiest live-action Hillhead event ever
UNDAUNTED by a middle day of almost perpetual rain, visitors turned up in droves for Hillhead 2016, which took place over three days last week at Tarmac’s Hillhead Quarry, near Buxton, Derbyshire.
Despite the wet Wednesday, a bumper 18,655 unique visitors* attended this year’s event – representing a 7.1% increase in attendance over the previous show in 2014 – with exhibitors expressing great satisfaction with the number and quality of visitors who came.
Moreover, this year saw more working demonstrations than ever before, creating some of the busiest live action ever seen at Hillhead, including no fewer than 14 excavators in new-look quarry face area at one point during the show.
Hillhead 2016 also recorded the show’s largest ever number of exhibitors (476) who occupied the biggest area of exhibition space to date.
According to the organizers, the newly extended area of the showground worked extremely well and is already oversubscribed for 2018, while the extended registration pavilion also proved very successful, prompting plans for a further significant increase in size in 2018.
Further details and dates for Hillhead 2018 will be announced in due course.
*subject to ABC audit
NB. All registration scanners have now been downloaded and synchronized, adding a further 306 attendees to the previously announced figure.
Posted date : 08-07-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan