Barton Quarry set to appear on TV
Site to feature in Cbeebies science and engineering programme showing children how concrete is made
HANSON’s Barton Quarry and concrete plant, in Staffordshire, is to feature in a children’s TV programme showing how concrete is made.
A production team visited the site to put together a short film for the second series of Do You Know?, a science and engineering programme for CBeebies which looks at how everyday things work.
The programme’s presenter, Maddie Moate (pictured), followed the process from quarry to lorry via the on-site concrete batching plant and watched the finished product being delivered to a nearby construction site.
The seven-minute programme will be broadcast in the autumn on CBeebies, the BBC television network for children aimed at encouraging learning through play.
Posted date : 20-07-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan