Barton Quarry set to appear on TV
Site to feature in Cbeebies science and engineering programme showing children how concrete is made
HANSON’s Barton Quarry and concrete plant, in Staffordshire, is to feature in a children’s TV programme showing how concrete is made.
A production team visited the site to put together a short film for the second series of Do You Know?, a science and engineering programme for CBeebies which looks at how everyday things work.
The programme’s presenter, Maddie Moate (pictured), followed the process from quarry to lorry via the on-site concrete batching plant and watched the finished product being delivered to a nearby construction site.
The seven-minute programme will be broadcast in the autumn on CBeebies, the BBC television network for children aimed at encouraging learning through play.
Posted date : 20-07-2017
- Double delight for Warwick Ward
- Mesto boost mobile crusher production capacity
- Anglo American exits South African coal with sale of New Largo mine
- Obituary: Robert Durward
- Year-end surge in new orders
- Banks Mining helping to build careers in mineral extraction
- Deere complete acquisition of Wirtgen Group
- Irish Industry News
- David Davis reassures business as Brexit talks enter key stage
- HCEE open new Belgian HQ