BAM And FP McCann Complete Work On £35m Scheme Ahead Of Schedule
The A31 Magherafelt bypass will ease congestion and improve links in the Mid Ulster area to and from the M2.
The new bypass was built on a largely green field site to the east of Magherafelt between the A31 Moneymore Road at Coolshinny Road junction to the south of Magherafelt and the A6 Castledawson roundabout to the north. It incorporates three new roundabouts at Moneymore Road, Ballyronan Road and Aughrim Road which provide access to the new road as well as a number of under bridges at Killyfaddy Road, Loves Road and Killyneese Road.
Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard said: "Delivering extensive improvements to the roads infrastructure such as this involves the cooperation and understanding of the local community. I acknowledge the impact that this scheme has had on residents, landowners and businesses. However, I am confident that everyone involved will see and immediately begin to benefit from this significant investment."
Posted date : 11-10-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan