Atlas Copco open new plant in the US
Company invests $25 million in new production and assembly facility in South Carolina
ATLAS COPCO have officially opened a new production facility in Rock Hill, South Carolina, to support and meet the needs of the North American construction equipment market.
The 197,000 sq ft plant has achieved ‘Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design’ (LEED) certification and will serve as the main production and assembly facility for Atlas Copco’s North American Construction Technique division. Generators, portable compressors and other equipment will be manufactured at the plant.
The grand opening event included a VIP tour, ribbon-cutting and presentations by: Mats Rahmstrom, president and CEO of Atlas Copco AB; Peter Lauwers, president of Atlas Copco Portable Energy division; and Andrew Walker, president of the Atlas Copco Construction Technique Business Area.
‘This is a landmark day for Atlas Copco in the US,’ said Scott Carnell, the company’s US president. ‘The new facility strengthens our commitment to producing superior equipment and customer support – and it aligns perfectly with our mission of sustainable productivity.’
Posted date : 30-05-2017
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan