148th Balmoral Show Gets Underway
The event is kicking off today, 11 May, at the Eikon Exhibition Centre near Lisburn and will run until Friday, 13 May.
It is run by the Royal Ulster Agricultural Society (RUAS) and is even bigger than last year.
Translink Group Chief Executive Chris Conway said: "Special coach day tours are available to purchase online offering return journey to the Show plus admission for just £31 (adult) & £16 (child).
"The Show starts at 9.30am each day and we are providing a free and frequent Translink shuttle bus service running between Lisburn Train Station and the Showground from 8.30am – 8.00pm (Wed & Thurs) / 7.30pm (Fri). Exhibitors are advised to use the shuttle bus between 8.30am – 9am with Show visitors travelling from 9am onwards."
Colin McDonald, Chief Executive RUAS commented: "With so much to see at the show it's important to get there in good time and relaxed. We have teamed up with Translink to provide coach day tours from a range of regional towns. This offer represents a convenient and economical way to visit the show.
"Our complimentary shuttle bus service from Lisburn train station to the Show will be in operation again. This service has operated very successfully with shuttle bus passengers enjoying quick access to the Showground. Bus passengers who purchase early bird tickets on the Balmoral Show website will also be able to enjoy priority entrances to the show."
Posted date : 17-05-2016
- Four new Volvo loading shovels for Hills Quarry Products Ltd
- UK Construction Week 2018
- Hitachi introduce the ZW330-6 wheel loader
- Carrots key to stronger concrete
- New CH800i series cone crushers from Sandvik
- Caterpillar introduce new grapples for bulk material handling
- Hillhead is finally behind us and it was a great outing! A Rock-hard turnout!
- McCloskey International and McCloskey Washing Systems showcase new products at Hillhead
- Powerscreen excel at a sunny Hillhead 2018
- Duo announces merger with Denbow and deal with Doosan